185 Lancaster Rd
Berlin, MA 01503
The annual Pack 9 Campout and Court of Honor will be held on the weekend of June 5th & 5th at the Clinton Fish & Game Club in Berlin. The entire family is invited to join in the outdoor fun beginning at 3:00. After setting up their tent area, kids play informally in the big field while adults relax in the shade offered by the trees surrounding the area. Organized field games and activities begin at 4:00pm, run by Pack leaders. Dinner is prepared by adult volunteers beginning at 5:15 with food served at 6:00. The Pack provides hamburgers, hot dogs (and steak tips?) while each den brings something to augment the meal. At 7:00, the Campfire and Court of Honor program begins, with songs, skits and year-end badges awarded.
Hat/Neckerchief Swap Program Parents are encouraged to donate their son’s hat, neckerchief and slide to be passed on to boys in the year behind. If you donate gear, we make every effort to hook you up with gear donated by families in the den that is one year ahead of your son’s.
- Date: June 4/5
- Location: Clinton Fish & Game, 180 Lancaster Street, Berlin (sic – it’s in Berlin)
- Time: Any time after 3:00 on Saturday, up and out Sunday after breakfast
- Entire family welcome
- Food to bring: the Pack provides meat and staples, Dens provide as follows:
- Tigers – Ruffage – bring a green or fruit salad type thing
- Wolves – Starch – bring macaroni or potato salad type thing
- Bears – Dessert – bring something easily distributed (i.e. cookies not a cake)
- Webelos – Breakfast – bring something to augment bacon, eggs and OJ (provided by Pack)
- There is an indoor hall with running water and bathrooms (yea!). No poison ivy unless you really go looking for it (yea!)
- Boys should wear play clothes, but bring uniforms for the Court of Honor
- It is not required to sleep over. It is OK to sleep at home and return by 7:00 for breakfast.
- Not welcome
- Nerf guns
- Electronic devices (esp. the boys. I realize siblings might ‘need’ their devices, but please do not allow them to become the center of attention)
- Axes, fireworks, guns, etc. 😮
- Balls, Frisbees, etc.
- Outdoor lawn games
- Early arrivers should ignore the small parking lot to the left in front of the building and instead go down the dirt road to the right and then pull off perpendicular to the road (to maximize parking space).
- Gear to bring:
|Bug repellant||Long pants and long-sleeved shirt||Tent|
|Sun screen||Sweatshirt||Sleeping bag|
|Ball, glove, outdoor play equipment||Hat and gloves (check night-time temp)||Ground cover|
|Camp chair(s)||Extra socks, underwear||Foam pad or air mattress|
|Lantern||Pocket knife (Whittlin’ Chip card-holders only)||Lantern|
3:00 – 4:00 Arrival, tent setup, free play
4:00 – 6:00 Field games/activities
6:00 – 7:00 Dinner
7:00 – 8:15 Court of Honor, Campfire Program, Arrow of Light Crossover
8:00 – 10:00 Free play
10:00 Lights out