The Bears Den meets on every other Tuesday evening from 6:15 to 7:30 in the Luther Burbank Cafeteria beginning on September 11. The Den is made up of nine 3rd grade boys, all from Lancaster, led by Peter Giger and Chris Burke.
Boys may join at any time during the year – they are never ‘behind.’
Bear Den meetings are built around “Adventures,” or units of learning activities. Bear Adventures are:
- Bear Claws (Pocket knives)
- Bear Necessities (Camping skills)
- Fellowship and Duty to God (Non-denominational and personal)
- Fur, Feathers and Ferns (Plants and animals)
- Baloo the Builder (Tools and building)
- Paws for Action (Duty to country)
Bears also work with their parent(s) or as a Den to complete one elective Adventure chosen from a group of options.