The Bears Den meets every other Tuesday evening from 6:15 to 7:30 in the Mary Rowlandson Cafeteria beginning on September 10. The Den is currently made up of seven 3rd grade boys, all from Lancaster, led by John Stazinski and Jessica Pease.
Boys may join at any time during the year – they are never ‘behind.’
Bear Den meetings are built around “Adventures,” or units of learning activities. Bear Adventures are:
- Bear Claws (Pocket knives)
- Bear Necessities (Camping skills)
- Fellowship and Duty to God (Non-denominational and personal)
- Fur, Feathers and Ferns (Plants and animals)
- Baloo the Builder (Tools and building)
- Paws for Action (Duty to country)
Bears also work with their parent(s) or as a Den to complete one elective Adventure chosen from a group of options.
Latest News from the Bears
On Saturday, the Cub Scouts of Pack 9 logged a 3.5 mile hike deep into the heart of Leominster State Forest in search of the famous Crow Hill Ledges. The boys and their families met up at Wachusett Mountain Ski area, then hiked the Mid State Trail to Redemption Rock. After a snack, Wolf Leader …