The Bears Den currently has 13 boys led by Sal Bhimji, Nick Facendola and Shawn Kerr.
Boys may join at any time during the year – they are never ‘behind.’
This year, leaders will incorporate the high points of each Adventure into the outdoor-only format we have adopted for the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic. Every effort will be made to ensure the boys cover the principle components of the Bears curriculum, with all participants doing their best* to cover the material while staying safe and united as a community.
Bear Den meetings are built around “Adventures,” or units of learning activities. Bear Adventures are:
- Bear Claws (Pocket knives)
- Bear Necessities (Camping skills)
- Fellowship and Duty to God (Non-denominational and personal)
- Fur, Feathers and Ferns (Plants and animals)
- Baloo the Builder (Tools and building)
- Paws for Action (Duty to country)
Bears also work with their parent(s) or as a Den to complete one elective Adventure chosen from a group of options.
* Do Your Best is the Cub Scout motto and it applies to boys, leaders and parents alike.
Latest News from the Bears
On Saturday, the Cub Scouts of Pack 9 logged a 3.5 mile hike deep into the heart of Leominster State Forest in search of the famous Crow Hill Ledges. The boys and their families met up at Wachusett Mountain Ski area, then hiked the Mid State Trail to Redemption Rock. After a snack, Wolf Leader …